The Martison PEA phosphate project is expected to be completed by mid-March
Fox River Resources Corp. provided an update on its National Instrument (NI) 43-101 Preliminary Economic Assessment (PEA) study currently underway on the company’s wholly-owned Martison Phosphate Project, located near Hearst, Ontario , in Canada.
The objectives of the PEA include:
- Completion of an independent engineering analysis at the PEA level of the project with the aim of producing phosphate fertilizer products from a fully integrated facility;
- Provide an updated NI 43-101 mineral resource estimate;
- Provide an estimate of the potential economic value of the project;
- Provide an estimate of project capital costs, operating costs as well as sustaining capital costs;
- Provide a conceptual economic model of the project over the life of mine.
Following positive marketing research outlining the significant growth in demand in western Canadian phosphate markets over the past 10 years, the design of Martison’s fully integrated phosphate fertilizer complex is engineered with the following parameters.
Mine site, located about 70 km north of Hearst
- A surface truck and shovel operation and all necessary ancillary infrastructure capable of producing 1,420,000 t of 37% P2O5 concentrate per year
- A beneficiation plant designed to process over 4,000,000 tpy of ore
- An 86 km slurry pipeline to transport concentrate from the mine site to the fertilizer complex located near Hearst, ON
Fertilizer Conversion Complex, located approximately 20 km west of Hearst
Fertilizer product mix, 950,000 tpa capacity
The company expects delivery of the PEA to be slightly delayed, with completion now scheduled for mid-March, about six weeks later than the previous January 2022 forecast.
“The obvious complexities involved in a project of this magnitude have contributed to various delays in completing the EEP,” said Stephen Case, CEO of the company. “While no one likes delays, it is imperative for us that this is a thorough, realistic and defensible study that will pass the scrutiny of global fertilizer companies. The company remains fully funded until at the end of the study, and we look forward to presenting the results.”
Read the article online at: https://www.worldfertilizer.com/project-news/21012022/martison-phosphate-project-pea-due-to-be-completed-in-mid-march/